Head, MQ SRE
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Leadership traits to manage C-suite stakeholders focused on production stability, improved Resiliency and monitoring of production systems.
- Manage teams that are geographically located in KL & India, KPI settings and performance management.
- Supporting the Integration team in Multi-Cloud ecosystems including building, deploying and monitoring applications and infrastructure across a variety of Enterprise Integration Tech stacks.
- Incident & Problem management that expects 24/7 availability in case of urgency and Retrospective Management.
- Reviewing production artefacts to proactively identify issues that must be raised and resolved before production deployment more specifically with a deep focus for stability, scalability, deploy ability, configurability, observability and manageability.
- Audit, Risk & Security management of production systems.
- Business continuity management including execution of Disaster Recovery.
- Continuously identify areas of automation, efficiency, backup/recover, and own through to implementation.
- Create service improvement plans and work closely with peer groups in Application Support and Infrastructure to improve the service offering.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, platform engineers and end-user facing application support teams to build fit for future integration systems.
- Create a world class Integration SRE organization for MQ, Datapower and CBIS
People and Talent
- Incident, Problem and Team management
- Team mentoring, hiring and skills based learning opportunities
- Follow bank's risk governance and framework
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Follow banks governance model primarily Agile
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CPBB, CCIB, Functions SRE stakeholders
- 14+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 3+ years of experience in Reliability engineering or Production operations.
- 5+ years of team management experience.
- Expertise in Distributed Systems and Integration Platforms (IBM WebSphere MQ, Datapower, APIs or other Middleware)
- Ability to get into the bottom of complex technical issues and bring clarity to ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages Java, Python, Golang etc..,
- Deep knowledge of Monitoring and Observability systems like Splunk, ELK, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, O4I etc.
- Experience in Messaging Systems like IBM MQ, Kafka, Solace, Rabbit MQ etc..,
- Understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Operating Systems (Linux), Cybersecurity & Cryptography
- Understanding in standard parts of Network and Web App stack such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, DNS, SFTP, etc..,
- Understanding of cloud technologies with AWS / Azure / GCP services
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.