Head, FM Data Management Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets (FM) Technology are looking for an individual with the experience and expertise to lead data strategy within the function. This versatile individual needs to have at least 15 years experience in managing applications, programmes, projects within an Investment Banking domain. Above all the individual needs to be an industry expert in data management, data policy and data analysis.
Reporting directly into the Head of FM Technology Strategy and Planning, this individual will lead the IT FM Data Mgt Function providing a vision and coherent strategy for a global team across 4 locations managing circa 80 individuals.
The job entails managing the suite of data related applications owned by Financial Markets, Programme management of the FM led data projects and oversight and implementation of FM's compliance with data policy /data related regulatory requirements.
Outside of the FM Data Team, the individual needs to provide support to Financial Markets stakeholders on data strategy, data sourcing, data ownership and technical strategy for the sourcing and mgt of data.
The key responsibilities for the Role include:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Programme Management - Oversee all FM data projects and ensure programme governance is effective and satisfies bank standards.
- Application Management and Strategy - Defining the technical roadmap of the applications linked to the overarching business strategy.
- Data Policy Roll Out and Effectiveness - Ensure Financial Markets adheres to Group Data Policy and Industry standards.
- Data Strategy - Set clear guidelines and principles for sourcing, storing, transforming and maintaining data throughout FM.
- Audit Oversight - Track manage and implement FM audit actions related to data.
- DQ tracking and Analytics - Implement DQ measurement tooling to allow the FM business to understand and measure the key DQ issues in the firm and resolve them.
- Sales and Trading Data Analytics - Support the Data Analytics teams with tools, technology and capability to provide good quality MI/AI and ML to enable business insight for front line teams.
- Data Modelling and Logical Models - Manage the Financial Markets Logical data model and other bank standards such as standard messaging languages.
- Partnering with all parts of the SCB business to define and implement an operating model to fix data at source.
- Seasoned veteran in project and programme management.
- Leadership - Has experience of effectively managing large global teams.
- Experience in data policy, data governance and data dictionaries.
- Excellent knowledge of data profiling and data analytics.
- Extensive experience in meeting regulatory demands and providing updates to senior mgt and regulators.
- Sound technical background - Experience in managing applications and development teams.
- Reference data expert in an investment banking domain covering, counterparty, Instrument, market, portfolio, settlement instructions and other key static data.
- Good understanding of Investment Banking products, Domain and Trade life cycle.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; facilitating working meetings, building rapport with stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and problem solving and explaining multiple solutions, assessing relative strengths and weaknesses, and justifying solutions for approval to senior mgt.
Knowledge and experience in the following will be a plus
- Understanding of Big data technologies and strategies.
- Understanding of Operational Risk Framework processes and best practises.
- Knowledge of external data providers products and their relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Understanding of industry data initiatives or services such as GLIEF, ANNA DSB, ISDA CDM and fpml.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.