- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head, Enterprise Stress Testing Technology
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head, Enterprise Stress Testing TechnologyAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Risk is one of the core functions of any bank. For Standard Chartered, Risk's strategic intent is to be the world's best risk function: Leading the way in upholding the integrity of the Bank's risk and return decisions. The technology associated and supporting the Risk organization and its strategic intent is of utmost importance.
The Enterprise Stress Testing functions continues to grow in importance:
- The PRA want the industry to move towards an integrated approach for scenario testing (referring to ICAAP/Pillar 2B, BOE ACS, ILAAP, Recovery Plan, Reverse Stress Test and Pillar 2 assessments) which supports the decision-making process and strategy of the firms.
- The need for consistency in the identification of risk factors and operationalisation of management actions across the stress testing exercises. Furthermore, the PRA wants these risk factors to be linked to the Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework which manages firms' risk appetite.
- More work needs to be done on firms' recovery capacity, and how this links to risk appetite and the point of failure as defined in the reverse stress test.
- Enhances, defines and drives the technology strategy for Enterprise Stress Testing Technology in alignment with Risk investment appetite.
- Awareness and understanding of the latest internal and market developments with a view to driving the right technology adoption where appropriate. Provide forward-looking leadership to ensure that the target architecture and team will meet the challenges of the function in the future
- Communicate the Technology strategy and roadmap to the Business and Technology stakeholders.
- Support the Global Head in the identification and implementation of processes that drive efficiency, reduce cost of service, and improve business satisfaction.
- Ensures the accurate and timely submission of Programme updates, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts to the relevant Programme Steering Committee (PgSC).
- Identifies, mitigates and communicates key assumptions, issues and risks associated with the technology decisions to Business CIO stakeholders and Governance Committees. This includes End of Service (EoS) and ICS risks.
- Creates additional value not originally envisaged by key stakeholders through innovative and collaborative approach and application of technologies.
- Organizational change and value created is sustainable
- Leads and manages the Enterprise Stress Testing Technology domain and programme delivery
- Attract, employ, engage and retain high-quality people such that Risk Technology has the skills and experience to deliver the next generation of risk applications.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Has line management responsibility for quality and risk control in area of responsibility. Ensures internal process, standards and risk compliance (including security, regulatory and audit requirements) are met.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- Support the Global Head of Risk Technology to identify, assess and monitor the risk to the business of technology obsolescence. Work with Technology Heads to develop and maintain the lifecycle roadmap for all IT assets, ensuring obsolescence plans and support/maintenance milestones are in place for all IT assets and incorporated as part of the technology roadmap.
- Ensure focus and effective support of internal and external audit activities.
- Ensures the team is aware and complying with the Project Governance Policy, and the Programme Management Standards.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct within the team to ensure that adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Ensure compliance with all salient SCB governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain business and professional networks.
- Facilitate collaboration, networking and alignment within and across teams. Build alliances and reach consensus across senior stakeholders. Deepen business/function's stakeholder relationships, including (but not limited to): Business Teams, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operational Risk, Legal, Compliance and Audit teams.
- Main stakeholders include: Group Head, Stress Test Delivery / Head Stress Testing Strategic Programme / Global Head, Stress Testing / Global Head, PMO, ERM / Global Head, Risk & Compliance Reporting, ERM
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values in the team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned (1) by the CIO and (2) under Group, Country, Business and Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong academic degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Certifications in Technology, Banking and Management
- Minimum 10 years of Experience within relevant industry driving, with proven experience driving large scale and complex technology programmes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.