Head Data Analyst
The Data Analytics Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all products as well as designing and implementing both the tactical and strategic data.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for strategic data analysis, identifies insights and implications, as well as make strategic recommendations and develop data displays that clearly communicate complex analysis.
- Defines the service model for each new incubated data product or data product set across the various businesses and regions.
- Prepares and presents key business cases underpinning strategic investment initiatives to maintain or build out the product capability.
- Participates in strategic business engagements to build the right level of data inclusion into all business forums below the top exec level.
- Plans and manages on-going product investment and activity in-line with defined portfolio balance, capacity and capability planning and development.
- Builds a product improvement & innovation pipeline for prioritization and build an initial view of the underlying commercial value and potential.
- Ensures current product landscape and architecture is mapped out, and deeply understood from a product origination point through fulfillment, processing, billing, servicing and revenue realization and reporting.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in working with various data teams
- Detailed understanding of latest data technologies and solutions towards how they can help solve for next generation business needs.
- Use of tools such for statistical modeling of large data sets
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
- Candidate should have knowledge of Citi Strategic Data Repositories such as Genesis, Financial Full Suite etc.
- Candidate should be proficient and should possess hands on experience in performing data analytics
- Candidate should have a fair knowledge of BCBS 239 Regulatory guidelines point of view and hands on experience in BCBS 239 regulatory initiatives will be an advantage
- Knowledge of tools such as Paxata, Arcadia and other data analytic tools will be preferred.
Technology Job Family:
Data Analytics Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting