- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head, Control Standards and Design
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head, Control Standards and DesignAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for establishing and maintaining the TS Controls Catalogue and for partnering with relevant SMEs within TS and STS to design and specify operational parameters of technology controls relating to process and technology. These parameters will include clearly articulating control objectives, applicable assets or processes, measurement, assessment and other factors necessary to operating the technology control environment for TS.
This role will partner closely with the Infrastructure Architecture and Standards function to ensure that that control objectives are well understood and embedded into their practice and artefacts.
This role is part of the Technology Services Risk and Control team and will work to benefit all of TS.
This person will be accountable for establishing and maintaining the Controls Catalogue which will be an input to downstream processes like Architecture, Assessments and other related functions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key stakeholders include TS R&C, T&I R&C, Infrastructure Architecture and Standards, GOR, CISO and TS UORMs and ORMs.
From time to time tactical and strategic risk initiatives may be required to address emergent issues that require leadership or involvement from this role and team.
Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have 8-10 years of experience in Technology Risk Management, Information Security or other related roles. The preferred candidate will have experience in Financial Services or other heavily regulated industries (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, etc.). Clear, Concise and Articulate communication of complex and conceptual topics is required for success.
In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
1. 1. Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA, etc.)
2. Experience with Technology Implementation or Operation
3. Process Design and Analysis
4. Documentation and Textual Analysis
5. Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience of Technology Architecture
6. Data Analytics
7. Experience negotiating with and influencing technical stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.