Head, Client Coverage Service Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- At the outset, in partnership with the relevant stakeholders, design, develop and implement a client-led global service model, which provides clearly differentiated CCIB Client Service for our High Value Clients across TB, FM and SS products. Model design must be based on input and engagement from clients, client facing teams both segment and product and implemented in a client-centric and cost-effective manner
- Measure and drive an improvement in client satisfaction and engagement levels
- Develop an 'effectiveness and efficiency' strategy which creates Centres of Service excellence and offers a cost effective approach to off-/near-shore and reduce manual/lower value work with relevant partners (e.g. Product Operations, GBS) to improve the overall client experience for CCIB clients
- Develop & deploy client servicing solutions with Technology and Operations partners to provide more proactive levels of service, improve 'first call resolution', reduce enquiry handling time and determine self-service solutions for clients.
- Involve and play a pivotal role in the investment decisions to support key strategic High Value Client servicing initiatives
- Drive the client experience and act as a client advocate at the appropriate global business forums e.g. Client Experience Forums, Global Client Steering Forum as relevant
- Closely engage with the business with respect to servicing capacitisation to meet business growth objectives and flag funding requirements to the relevant stakeholders (CCIB CC COO team, Product COO teams)
- Provide direction to and support the Regional and Country COO in the provisioning of client service capabilities on the ground
- Work with the Business CIOs, Client Segment Heads, TB and FM partners to enhance our High Value Clients' experience via improvements in processes (e.g. channel activation, client enablement, transactional processing) and product / digital capabilities (e.g. S2B Next Gen)
- Focus on the client experience across all elements of service delivery including but not limited to Complaint management, Incident management
- Develop and track key performance indicators to measure client satisfaction and engagement across service and operational dimensions of client experience
- Maintain service level agreement metrics on the client centric KPIs that drive client satisfaction
- Advocate for the drive to embed a client & service-centric passionate culture across Operations and Technology
- Effective stakeholder engagement to understand and fulfil the needs of internal and external clients
- Maintain service levels to align with client expectations
People and Talent
- In partnership with Integrated Middle Office, Global Operations Heads, Business CIOs and PGCs (Process Governance Committees) design, implement and maintain policies and procedures for use across the Group for Operations (Country, Region and GBS)
- Ensure operational disciplines such as capacity and risk management are well embedded, measured and tracked
- Streamline and digitize end-to-end processes to reduce manual hand-off, reduce risk and improve client/customer service collaborating with Business CIOs and Head GBS
- Work with GBS, introduce best-practice into Country operations with view to standardise and automate as much as possible
- Work with Business Heads & Business CIOs provide steer and support for acquisitions and integration activities
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse and high performing team with the right capabilities to provide a superior client service experience
- Lead through example and build the appropriate client and internal culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Employ, engage and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations
- Develop and deliver appropriate training and development tools particularly for new roles e.g. Segment Service Management ensure that teams are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for teams and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objective
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with customer centricity in mind
- Continuously raise employee engagement levels. Create a harmonious work environment.
- Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of unit, whilst delivering a superior client experience to our High Value Clients
- Identify & nurture talent by growing bench strength and ensure adequate succession planning
- Support and identify cross-border and local development initiatives
- Ensure Country and Regions adhere to Internal and External Sourcing Policies and Procedures related to Technology & Operations
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Ensure all necessary external legal and regulatory controls are in place from initial migration through service provisioning for Technology & Operations
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group's ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain rigour in monitoring performance against budgets
- Ensure periodic reviews are undertaken between Countries and GBS and other Outsource providers
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Manage and meet the Products operations budget (including stretch budget targets) and financial KPIs
- Support revenue targets through service and product influencers
- Instil the need to drive down cost-of-service whilst raising the service bar through service technology, automation and process improvements.
- High Value Clients
- Client Engagement & Business Development Team, CCIB CC COO
- Geographic/Segment/Product Business Heads
- Global/Country Product Service Heads
- Global Head of DCDA
- IMO Functional Heads
- Geographic/Business/Product COOs/CIOs
- CCIB CX Heads & Client Manager Heads
- GBS Product Heads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed 'Here for Good' and Group's brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Market Kno wledge: Excellent product / segment knowledge (in at least one product area) of the business and recognised as such by key stakeholders, esp. Client Segment Heads. Hands-on experience in Operations, either at the Country, Regional or Group levels. Market savvy and keeps up to date of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Client Knowledge & Client Service Management Experience: Extensive experience in client service management. Proven track record of leading a high performing client service organisation with the ability to drive cultural and behavioural transformation. Knowledgeable in current and proposed client requirements in at least one product area. Current experience in active client management.
- Business Strategy and Model: Ability to demonstrate strategic competency either in previous role or from a previous organisation. Able to articulate vision and turn into action and create 'follow-ship'.
- Risk Management and Control: Advanced ability to identify, assess, monitor, control, manage and mitigate the existing or potential risks associated with the Client Services operating environment.
- Financial Analysis and Control: Good grasp of cost control, reading trends and asking the appropriate questions. Good working knowledge on how to look for opportunities for cost saves by comparing metrics and arriving at conclusions. Have an aptitude for numbers and proven track record in delivering to budgets.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Good grasp of policies and procedures and usage at key meetings such as ExCo and CORC. Have an aptitiude to dive into the details on periodic basis to ensure controls are being properly executed.
- Stakeholders / Clients: Highly experienced in engaging effectively with Clients (from a service, not necessarily sales perspective) and with Business stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- People: Proven people leadership capability; able to set direction and inspire teams to follow including the ability to inculcate a strong client focused mindset. Strong networking, communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- A very good understanding of technology is necessary to ensure leverage of opportunities offered by digitisation. International exposure, ability to handle cultural diversity and developing high performers are essential to this role.
- 10-15 years experience in banking
- Experience and proven track record in designing, building and running service organisations to deliver superior client engagement outcomes
- Languages: English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.