- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 15 Sep 17
Hadoop Support, Senior Specialist
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.EDMP is the strategic data management platform of the bank, comprising of core technologies Hadoop & Teradata, and operates under the overall purview of the "Technology Services" Function which is led by the Global Head, Technology Services.
By end of 2017, around 90% of the bank's core data will be in Hadoop and will be utilised for analytics enablement of multiple businesses and to meet regulatory/statutory reporting needs of the bank e.g. IFRS9, BCBS.
As a Senior Specialist, you will be involved in driving the adoption of good practices across the Tech Services function, working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Provide production support for the EDMp Hadoop and Teradata platforms, working closely with the engineering and project delivery teams based in Singapore.
* Manage multiple development environments - Control-M, hadoop,Teradata capacity management, Performance monitoring and ETL handling
* Handle complex architecture models & systems,Hadoop - integration with Kerberos
* Monitoring HDFS Integrity,Implementation of priority job queues and Hadoop performance tuning as per the system resource utilization
* Writing automation scripts to generate cluster and system usage reports to fine tune the configuration
* Deliver assignments by established deadlines. Keep management well-informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment
* Design and develop BDR(backup and data restore strategy) policies and procedures
* Managing HDFS and Local disk space by implementing quota system
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Hadoop knowledge, Unix Shell Scripting & Ctrl-M-Scheduling and Deployment/Support Skills
- Manage multiple development environments - Control-M, Hadoop, Teradata capacity management, Performance monitoring and ETL handling
- Handle complex architecture models & systems, Hadoop - integration with Kerberos
- Monitoring HDFS Integrity, Implementation of priority job queues and Hadoop performance tuning as per the system resource utilization
- Write automation scripts, generating cluster and system usage reports to fine tune configurations
- Deliver assignments by established deadlines. Keep management well-informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment
- Design and develop BDR (backup and data restore strategy) policies and procedures
- Manage HDFS and Local disk space by implementing quota system
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Negotiation & presentation skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team player
The closing date for applications is 29/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.