HVD Support Engineer
Our client is an established top tier global investment bank are looking for HVD Migration Engineer to accelerate the Bank's strategy of retiring all the Windows 7 based VDI instances currently hosted in the HVD platform globally, replacing Windows 7 HVDs with Windows 10 HVDs.
• Coordinate with project team, including LOB requirements and release & change management requirements and provide scheduling of daily, weekly, and planned migrations.
• Migrating all Windows 7 based VDI to Windows 10 HVD, including user data migrations.
• Share schedules on project SharePoint.
• Communicate and confirm daily migration task with Windows 7 HVD users, advising upcoming change
• Documentation on the user experience benefits of migrating to Windows 10 and highlight new features, functions, tips, and tricks for a seamless transition and maximum productivity.
• Execute the required user data migration and application installation activities
• Build the derivative HVD and install the LOB derivative application stack.
• Gather the current inventory of installed applications and ensure all applications are re-installed on the target Windows 10 HVD prior to user migration from Win 7 HVD.
• Validate the new Windows 10 HVD session is built, registered, online and ready for the user connection, and that entitlements are in place, user data is migrated, and applications are installed.
• Min 2-4 years of related work experience in Windows / HVD Migration
• Has successfully participated in migration projects of similar size and role
• Experienced team member worked in a high-pressure environment
• Hands on with Change Management systems in the banking industry.
• Flexible in shift work arrangements - morning, afternoon or midnight shifts; project serves global locations
• Great interpersonal skills in writing and verbal.
• Able to work with different teams from different time zones.