Problem solvers. Future shapers. Market makers. Being a market maker is so much more than just providing liquidity. It's about making sure the markets work fairly and efficiently for everyone who participates. A leading global market maker is looking for their next High Frequency Quant Trader based in Singapore.
As a global market making powerhouse, they are looking to set up a regional hub in Singapore to provide the liquidity for a range of asset classes: derivatives, cash equities, exchange-traded funds, bonds and foreign currencies.
- Market make in across multiple products: derivatives, cash equities, exchange-traded funds, bonds and foreign currencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prominent market participants
- Identify and capture current opportunities; research and introduce new trading strategies
- Research, identify, and execute trading strategies which fit within the risk parameters of the desk
- Recognize market participant patterns
- Create models based on analysis and modify based on market dynamics; take risks accordingly
- Communicate daily with the rest of the team regarding new opportunities and strategies
- Assist in the growth and development of junior traders
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years of profitable trading experience in a proprietary trading or market making environment
- Strong risk management skills and an in-depth understanding of the functioning of FICC markets
- Broad experience trading in Asia
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Physics or any related Engineering, Mathematics or Science discipline
- Must be proficient in Python/C++
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to investigate issues within own area of work and produce results