Our client is one of the world’s leading financial services groups. It offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. In Asia, the Group has a presence across 20 markets – Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- To lead and manage the Client Service & Agency Department within the Asian Global Corporate & Investment Banking business.
- The existing team consists of over 40 client services, middle office, agency and administration staff in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- The specific service or scope of the division’s day-to-day business is as follows:
- Corporate client services: General day-to-day client facing loan, deposit related operations which involve corporate & investment banking business. This includes client on-boarding, KYC process, account opening, loan booking, drawdown operations, foreign exchange, settlements and remittance.
- Middle office function for corporate clients: To manage loan booking, document keeping, loan covenant monitoring, FX transactions, MTM report preparation and internal reporting.
- Trade related transaction operations: such as import/export related issuance/purchase of letters of credit transactions, acceptance of trade goods as collateral (documentary) operations and related loan operations.
- Agency services: Specifically facility agent, paying agent, collateral agent operations for corporate finance, project finance, commodity structured finance, aircraft finance & real estate finance syndicated loans.
- In addition to the above, the Division Head will be required to standardize, streamline and maximize the operational efficiency of the Division so that it is robust, efficient, consistent, and transparent in manner. The responsibility of this role is not limited to Singapore and Hong Kong but will also be expanded to include countries across APAC.
- A senior banker with not less than 15 years of relevant experience in corporate banking client facing operations regarding loans, deposits or trade related transactions and KYC related operations gained within a major international or local Asian bank;
- Experience in leading bank related operations process standardization;
- Well versed in corporate finance, deposits, trade, KYC documentation;
- Strong credit and analytical skills with the ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills to collaborate among various stakeholders;
- Fluency in English is essential and fluency in one or more Asian languages is highly desirable;
- Singapore national or Singapre PR holder is a must;
- Excellent academic record from a top-tier university
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class institution in a leadership position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.