Group Manager, Fund Client Accounting
- Permanent, Full time
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company and I look for candidates for full-time permanent opportunities across various levels for various roles in our Singapore office which is one of the six Global Delivery Centers. We are providing mainly accounting/administrative services in investment banking area.
- Direct multiple Fund Accounting teams that are responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of a broad array of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives. Direct processes and allocation of resources in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds in multiple sectors for each measurement cycle.
- Manage relationships with a broad set of clients and resolves any unique escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Direct and set priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provide guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolve complex escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluate GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Develop strategy for and provides guidance to teams on the implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Implement and assist in setting guidelines, policies, and priorities for the drafting of financial reports for a broad set of clients to review fund performance. Communicate reports and complex accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Oversee relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manage multiple Fund/Client Accounting teams.
- Contribute to the achievement of multiple teams objectives
· Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the fund administration industry with exposure to end-to-end processing.
· Experience in managing managers
· Strong working knowledge of fund products and instruments particularly from a fund accounting perspective.
· Good working knowledge of international accounting standards.
· Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Team player, with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication.
· Good organizational skills and strong in building effective teams