Group Audit (PMO) , AVP - Audit Data Scientist
The position within Program Management Office in Group Audit focusses on driving the data science capabilities in the division. The core remit includes:
- Collaborating with audit teams across countries to identify the key risk concerns (problem statements) where data science solutions could be applied.
- Increasing the effectiveness of audit processes by developing data science solutions to deepen the risk discovery and insights into new and emerging risks. This includes applying predictive analytics and machine learning techniques into continuous risk assessments and continuous auditing
- Creating an efficient data pipeline to ingest data from Group Audit Data Mart (GADM) and new data sources, and deploying the data science solutions in an automated environment
- Introducing new ideas and technology to advance the effectiveness and sophistication of the data science solutions
- Being a subject-matter-expert in the governance around the use of data science solutions.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Postgraduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in developing and deploying data science solutions to address specific problem statements. Competent in a variety of analytical tools such as Python, R, Hue Query, HiveQL, Apache Spark, SQL, SAS ML, QlikView, Tableau & Power BI and experience with data infrastructure such as Hadoop and sandboxes
- Highly curious with a passion for applying advance analytics techniques to solving problem statements relating to risks and controls assessments by the internal audit function. Experience in applying machine learning techniques and designing algorithms that are scalable and production-grade would be an advantage
- Strong communications skills to articulate complex technical solutions to non-technical auditors. A curious personality with the ability to "think-out-of-the-box" would do well in this role
- Strong believer in continuous and self-directed learning, and willingness to coach and train fellow colleagues in performing data analytics/developing data science solutions
- Seasoned in stakeholder management and self-motivated in driving outcomes and results.