Group Audit - Principal IT Auditor - VP
Position Overview Summary of the Team & Role:
The Principal Auditor within the IB Technology audit team reports into a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) based in Singapore, who in turn reports into the IT Chief Auditor (CA). The CA has global responsibility.
The Principal Auditor leads or participates in audits of a specific business/function area identifying key automated application controls as well as performs ITGC (IT General Control) testing in accordance with the Audit methodology, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those business areas.
The Principal Auditor may occasionally participate in ad hoc projects and special investigations. The Principal Auditor works in a cooperative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function to provide 'front-to-back'/SME audit coverage and actively contributes to the delivery of team plans in support of the functional and business strategies under limited supervision.
The Principal Auditor uses a range of sources and methods to obtain knowledge and applies judgment based on sound business knowledge of day-to-day audit work; this includes identifying and assessing key risks and designing testing to assess the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls in place to mitigate risk. The Principal Auditor needs to have a good understanding of the relevant business area's market place and needs to continuously develop technical expertise relevant to the industry.
The Principal Auditor must proactively develop and maintain professional consultative working relationships with the audit team, with internal stakeholders, clients and respective support areas and must use a range of approaches to collect relevant and readily available information to assess risk, resolve issues or carry out tasks. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and well-being at its center. You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, well-being incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your Skills & Experience:
- Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits
- Plans audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required.
- Drafts audit findings for review by the Lead Auditor and the Principal Audit Manager, facilitates issue tracking and validates them to closure.
- Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity Flows, identification of key risks, testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards.
- Partners with other divisional/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach.
- Reviews and provides expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans.
- Completes all assigned audit work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Acts as a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings.
- Communicates openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalate problems/delays accordingly.
- Presents complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively, professionally and reduces complex topics to simple statements.
- Participates in exit meetings as required.
- Proactively keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Establishes and maintains a client service/relationship approach with clients in order to understand their business needs. Interprets stakeholder feedback on key business developments/risks and understands the clients' marketplace in order to address their needs and expectations while delivering 'one voice' to the client in all communications and correspondence.
- While the role is based in Singapore, the principal auditor may also be responsible for coverage of other overseas locations depending on the scope of the audit engagement. Some travel may therefore be required.
- Exposure to Investment Banking clients and products as well as a robust knowledge of capital markets processing, with demonstrable experience of IT auditing in an investment banking context (e.g. audits of automated business controls).
- Experience of auditing IT applications supporting trading and the trade processing lifecycle F2B including operations. Relevant instruments could include; interest rate products, credit products, commodities, futures and foreign exchange products. Knowledge of algorithmic and high frequency trading processes would be beneficial.
- Experience of auditing IT General Controls.
- Experience of risk based auditing and clearly understand the relationship between IT risk and underlying business risk.
- Strong communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach. Fluent in English (written and verbal) and local languages if necessary.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Very good knowledge of auditing standards and concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
- Number of years of experience: At least 5 years in IT Audit
How we'll support you:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in a Technology related field (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience.
- Professional/industry recognized qualifications e.g. CISA, CISM, CRISC. , are highly beneficial.
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.