Global Regulatory Change & Controls - Vice President
CIB Global Regulatory Change & Controls - Controls VP The Team:
The CIB Global Regulatory Change and Controls (GRCC) team sits within CIB Operations and has responsibility for providing oversight, leadership and management of regulatory reporting controls agenda across the global CIB regulatory landscape. The team's remit covers:
- Regulatory change and advocacy
- Definition, delivery, and implementation of Regulatory Reporting Control Framework
- Definition, delivery, and implementation of Control Operating Models
- Leading cross line of business regulatory reporting change projects
- Leading the CIB's strategic transformational regulatory reporting program
- Deep dives of the Regulatory Reporting Control environment
This Controls Vice President role is based in Singapore and is a part of a global regulatory change and controls team that is spread across Asia, EMEA and North America. This role provides a breadth and depth of visibility across the CIB CAO organization with extensive cross functional and cross business exposure, and the opportunity to creatively problem solve on a broad scale. This role partners extensively with the Lines of businesses, Legal, Compliance, Audit, Technology and Corporate Operational Risk. Key Responsibilities
- Drive the design, delivery and implementation of strong and sustainable control frameworks and operating models in the regulatory reporting environment.
- Drive the design and execution of Control activities within the CIB Operations Regulatory Reporting space, such as Report Testing, Controls Deep Dives and the definition of reporting and data controls.
- Provide oversight on regulatory reporting issue and event management process, ensuring that root causes are understood, thematic learnings disseminated and remediation plans in place
- Facilitate and lead periodic calls with cross line of business, cross regional stakeholders to drive the successful execution and delivery of regulatory reporting change and controls initiatives.
- Drive the design and definition of intelligent, automated controls, processes and MIS utilizing data science and automation tools
- Drive the design and execution of deep dives on aspects of the CIB Operations Regulatory Reporting environment, identifying, mitigating and resolving control gaps and risks.
- Plan and report status of ongoing projects and tasks to senior management.
- Manage stakeholder expectations effectively, facilitate decision-making by providing right level of information and timely escalation when required
- Key Qualifications/Skillsets and Experience requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Project Management / Change Management in the Controls space, within the banking industry is required
- Prior experience in Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) requirements for APAC jurisdictions is highly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of OTC Derivative products (Credit, Rates, FX, Equities or Commodities) is highly preferred
- Prior experience or knowledge of the operational processes to manage trade lifecycle, and understanding of risk, controls and quality assurance functions is advantageous
- Prior experience in implementation of regulatory reporting controls that supports the completeness, accuracy & timeliness of reporting is beneficial
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- We're a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in verbal and written English is required
- Leadership & Partnership
- Able to operate globally across businesses and functions to drive deliveries within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with several competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with ability to interact with senior management as required
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders in different locations and regions, both verbally and in writing
- Preferably with experience in preparing presentations and analysis to be reviewed in senior management and governance forums
- Project management and execution skills - logical, structured and organized, with ability to plan, prioritize and deliver against deadlines.
- Takes end-to-end ownership of tasks, proactively working to deliver with superior quality under aggressive timelines.
- Additional Preferred Knowledge
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the regulatory environment in APAC
- Preferably with understanding of automation tools - eg Alteryx, Tableau
- Good Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Word and PowerPoint