Global Markets Operations, Portfolio Services Operations - Global Markets Control Ops, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to broaden your technical understanding of the Control organization? The Client Control business unit is looking for an Analyst to join the team. You will have the opportunity to learn about Firm's control reconciliations. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a multi-faceted division that turns ideas into business realities. We partner with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
The Client Control business unit is seeking a analyst to join the team in Singapore. The position includes helping drive the strategy of an evolving organization, and partnering with many stakeholders to meet the needs of the business. This includes regular interaction with various middle office teams and other divisions of the Federations such as Controllers, Technology, Legal and Compliance. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Risk Management - Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a trade (i.e. real-time through post settlement date functions)
• Strategy - Providing thought leadership to execute on and grow the control and quality management strategy; this includes:
• Realignment to new CSS Ops Org Structure - Realign functions from other teams within and outside of the Business unit
• Establish New Controls for CSS Ops - Partner with Technology to design, build and operate effective controls in a STP environment
• Redefine Roles within Organization - Provide control design expertise; responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
• Create new Roles within Organization - Develop Business Intelligence capabilities that would identify risk derived from the correlation of quantitative and qualitative data
• Industry/Regulatory Change Management - Keep abreast of regulatory change and participate in industry forums
• Industrialization - Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
• Relationship Management - Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments and global groups BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Team management, Functional leadership, Projects management, Risk Management and Accountability, Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure
• Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
• Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity