Global Markets Operations, Portfolio Services Operations - Asset Servicing, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Asset Servicing is a Global Markets Division business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. Asset Servicing has a proven track record of developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITES
• The distribution of entitlements from Voluntary and Mandatory APAC Equity and Fixed Income Corporate Action and Income events
• Asset Servicing event creation in proprietary systems
• The support of internal trading desks, prime brokerage clients, stock loan counterparties and external brokers
• Reconciliation of cash and stock balances
• Interpreting information from and liaising with custodian banks and self clear markets utilizing standards such as SWIFT
• Delivery of accurate and timely work within a time pressured environment DEVELOPMENT PROSPECTS
The department has a proven track record or developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets.
There is the opportunity to grow and move within the Asset Serving group depending on team needs SKILL / EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of a broker dealer environment and key associated market risks
• Experience of Asset Servicing in APAC markets.
• Superior organization skills with regards to day to day and project work
• Logical and proactive thinker
• Strong team player with good communication skills
• Ability to work in a high risk environment to challenging deadlines and targets
• Proven track record of using initiative and implementing process improvements ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity