Global Markets Operations, Margin, Collateral & Val Ops - Port Rec & Valuations Ops, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products while working in a fast paced and collaborative atmosphere? Our Portfolio Reconciliation and Valuations team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with traders, Sales, Controllers, Credit and other Operations teams to be involved in reporting of OTC derivative and cash transactions. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Portfolio Reconciliation & Valuations Team falls under the broader MCVO (Margin, Collateral and Valuations business unit) which is within the greater Global Markets Operations sub-division. This sub-division supports all areas of the firm dealing with supporting the Global Markets Division of Goldman Sachs. Portfolio Reconciliation & Valuations are responsible for ensuring the reconciliation of positions is accurate and any discrepancy resolved in a timely manner. In addition, the team provides critical Valuation reporting to select clients for the positions they hold with Goldman Sachs across multiple products. The team manages a variety of products (OTC derivatives) and is responsible for ensuring clients and 3rd party reconciliation tools receive their reports on a timely fashion according to their requirements. This is a function in line with Dodd-Frank requirements and is heavily related to the Margin Rules program since Sept. 2016.
This position is specifically for the Valuations function in Singapore. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaise with clients in order to track and resolve position discrepancies
• Consolidate requests in order to communicate pricing and position issues with Controllers, Credit and Middle Office teams
• Deliver position reports to clients and 3rd party vendors on a timely fashion
• Constantly recommend and develop more efficient methods of price consolidation and delivery
• Participate in development and implementation of Client Valuations mandate
• Plan and execute projects under Manager's direction
• Review and resolve queries using various firm tools while liaising with clients, trading, Controllers, Credit, etc
• Use your inquisitive mindset to identify control weaknesses with respect to process flows SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one to three years of experience in financial services.
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
• Japanese language (written/spoken) is a plus ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity