Global Markets Operations, Margin, Collateral & Val Ops - Collateral Management Ops, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs. OUR IMPACT
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
An Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of a number of operational processes. Analyst will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, the analyst will be expected to
provide a high level of service to their clients. The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. Collateral Management, part of Margin, Collateral & Valuations Operations sits within the Global Markets organization. A global, multi faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is currently +100 staff strong in globally, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru and Singapore working closely together. The team have a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, Equity, Interest Rates, Repo, Insurance/Pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing & receiving collateral calls to ensure the extensive interaction with Clients
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and regulatory queries
- New client on-boarding
- Liaison with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve collateral issues.
- Reconciliation of portfolios
- Collateral Optimization
- Monthly Interest and coupon settlement
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes; be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues
- Some experience of portfolio reconciliations and processing of margin calls would be desirable
- Confidence to interact with external clients
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity