Global Markets Operations, FICC Ops - IRP Operations, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with institutional clients, sales & trading desks, technology and other business partners to offer best in class client service, solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical/client service individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies in a fast paced environment. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Within Securities Divisional Operations, the Interest Rate Product Sales and Trading Services team provides risk management by facilitating the intraday processing and exception management of trade breaks both internally and externally for IRP products. Various operational reconciliations are performed on trade date and post trade date to ensure successful trade flow and books and records balancing. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization and gaining operational efficiency.
The team works closely with team members across regional and global offices to facilitate the above functions. The team supports a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla trades. Individuals are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. This position requires a high degree of communication with traders and salespeople in a fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with Client, Sales/Trading desks and other stakeholders to resolve any open questions/issues
• Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
• Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
• Monitor and control operational risk throughout the trade processing life cycle
• Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
• Engage in various industry and regulatory initiatives in a constantly changing environment
• Collaborate with technology teams on the implementation of process flow improvements and efficiencies SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree
• Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
• Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment Preferred Qualifications
• At least 2-5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
• Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
• Japanese language - spoken, reading and writing ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity