Global Markets Operations, FICC Ops - Currency Operations, Analyst/ Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. YOUR IMPACT
We promote continuous learning by way of cross training and business engagement across the stack of functions for the respective FICC product class. Your role will involve active partnership with the sales, trading, credit, legal and other operations teams which will be key to effectively manage the risk and business / client expectations for the trades we support. In addition to the responsibilities assigned to you, you will be encouraged to contribute ideas towards enhancement and streamlining the activities. OUR IMPACT
Within Global Market Operations, the Currency Operations team comprehends key functions in the Foreign Exchange Market, effectively covering front to back support for our business and clients. We are responsible for Middle Office Functions, that aim to ensure trading risk is accurate and trade flow exceptions are resolved timely; Confirmations and Drafting Functions, that aim to legally confirm our client's trades and ensure executed trades were booked accurately; and Settlements Functions, that ensure all Foreign Exchange transactions are settled in a timely manner, meeting our client's expectations. Various operational reconciliations are also performed to ensure every step of trade flow is accurate and without flaws. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization, operational efficiency and business enablement. All functions are performed with focus on risk management, efficiency and client experience, always pursuing better ways of doing things.
The team works closely with team members across regional and global offices to facilitate the above functions. The team support a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla trades. Individuals are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. The role requires the ability to seamlessly switch between multiple activities and significant interaction with clients so communication will be a key asset; fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with internal teams - Sales , Trading, Credit, Technology and other operations teams to ensure issue resolution and timely confirmation and settlement
- Monitor and Process settlements for Foreign Exchange Transactions.
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Manage real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the trading desk and sales force
- Build skillset that comprehends Trade Confirmation and Middle Office Functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of the teams' processes and controls
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- Ensure that processes are continually reviewed and improved, risk is managed, and results are achieved that meet expectations for timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness within the Department.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Understanding of the Foreign Exchange market and derivatives, including the current regulatory environment is beneficial
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience in Operations or related field Risk and Control focused
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity