Global Markets Operations, Client OnBoarding - Client Integration Ops, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Our Client Implementation team "CI" is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional to help facilitate the client onboarding process to ensure due diligence is performed in compliance with trading regulations and new account opening requirements. In this role, you will manage key client relationships within the Global Markets Division and interact with Sales, Compliance, Credit, Risk, Legal and Operations stakeholders to ensure the effective onboarding of clients to Goldman Sachs.
As a member of the Client Onboarding "COB" organization, this individual will review client documentation and approve new accounts across all products and business lines. You will need to be a quick learner and understand the regulatory environment to ensure that we are managing risk to protect the firm and our clients. It is critical that this person have the organizational skills needed to effectively prioritize requests, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience. OUR IMPACT
Client Implementation manages key client relationships for the firm to help facilitate the front-to-back coordination and setup of trading relationships for the Global Markets Division. The team is business and/or client-aligned and serves as the central point of contact working closely with internal stakeholders to understand dynamic changes in commercial demands for the business they support. This team has regular engagement with clients and an in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment to effectively identify risk and escalate concerns with precision and accuracy.
A positive and efficient onboarding experience helps set the tone of the relationship with our clients and we are highly focused on providing white glove service to ensure that the Goldman Sachs' onboarding experience is best in class. We work directly with our clients to obtain documentation requirements required to meet our compliance and regulatory obligations required to setup a Global Markets relationship for any instruments traded across Fixed Income (including Derivatives, FX and Commodities), Equities and Prime Services.
The CI team approves all new client trading accounts and coordinates additional trading features/account types for existing clients including client maintenance and data quality management. Having a working knowledge of the operational flow of a wide variety of products is an asset. The team also works closely with Technology to design new system enhancements to improve efficiencies, and with Compliance to define and implement firm policies and controls. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In this role, you will be expected to engage with clients and interact with the Business, Compliance, Credit, Legal and Operations stakeholders to ensure effective onboarding of clients. You will need to be a quick learner and understand the regulatory environment, including multiple new regulations, to identify risk and escalate concerns while ensuring to protect the firm and our clients. They will be required to have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization. Key responsibilities being:
• Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with "Know Your Customer" regulations
• Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
• Approve the opening of new accounts
• Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
• Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
• Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant onboarding requirements
• Reaching out to obtain AML information and documentation from the client/business
• Answering queries about client accounts/relationships
• Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global initiatives
• Ensure all communication is of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence
• Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions
• Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments
• Participate in regular meetings to maintain clarity and consistency surrounding workflow
• Develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required
• Client Service: Proven ability to build global relationships and communicate complex issues to a wide array of clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Communication: Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the confidence to engage professionally and persuasively with clients and senior figures within the firm.
• Leadership Capabilities: Ability to think critically and apply thought leadership
• Accountability: Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of projects with the aptitude to manage clients' expectations and follow-through with professionalism
• Team Player: Thrives in a teamwork oriented environment and works well under pressure
• Operational Experience: Onboarding, operational and/or reconciliation experience is a plus
• Analytical Skills: Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Business Intelligence: Ability to analyze data and configure operational metrics through self-service tooling. Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Data Warehousing, Defensive Design Methods and RPA robotics is also a plus.
• Technical Skills: Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required and the ability to work with web-based applications
• Process Improvements: Driving Regulatory Implementation, Orchestration and Workflow Uplifts
• Results-Oriented: Ability to handle time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered, and helping lead projects to a successful conclusion
• Professional Maturity: Ability to manage confidential information with excellent judgment
• Prioritization: Deadline driven with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity