Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Global Markets Division (EQD Operations) is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. Generally, the products supported are complex instruments that require close alignment with the business. A key focus for the organization is establishing strong risk management procedures and controls to ensure the firm and our clients are properly protected. Global Markets Division is at the forefront of shaping and driving change in the industry with the ultimate aim of delivering greater accuracy, control and efficiency for our clients and our business.
Equities - Settlements team operates in a dynamic environment where you will be required to multi-task with the right priority in order to support a fast paced business environment. As an Associate within the team, you will have a high level of client interaction and involvement with other internal teams such as Middle office, Channel Management, Negotiations, and Prime Brokerage. The team also regularly interacts with Sales and Trading. Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist with reporting and presentations that articulate the overall compliance metrics, story, and strategy
- Work directly with the line teams to identify non-compliant themes and patterns and improve execution timelines
- Work closely with Ops Senior Management, Sec Div Compliance, and Sales MDs in the Securities Division to develop and execute on firmwide compliance strategy
- Work directly with the line team to ensure risk is mitigated
- Demonstrate technical judgment and accuracy by ensuring the team understands the economics of the trade and verify the accuracy in the firm's booking systems
- Mitigate risk through maintaining accuracy and procedural conformity
- Assist in the resolution of any exceptions that may arise in a timely manner
- Proactively partner with internal groups (sales, trading, compliance)
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding the lifecycle of the trade
- Act as a Client Relationship Manager, partner with the Sales and Trading desks to offer best in class client service
- Take responsibility for maintaining timeliness in accordance with market standards and regulatory requirements
- Implementation of small and incremental enhancements to the existing workflow.
- Effectively manage all Operational and Reputational Risk.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 4-8 years of work experience in Operations or related field
- At least 4-8 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Access
- OTC EQD Derivatives Settlements experience strongly desirable
- Strong, analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- People management experience or excellent track record in leading teams
- Attention to detail. Demonstrate willingness to deep dive into an issue or problem to establish and address root cause
- Drive and motivation - successfully handles and prioritizes multiple tasks, takes initiative and leads to improve own and team's performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles.
- Strong team player - effectively collaborates with others both locally and globally.
- Creativity/Innovation - leads by example to challenge status quotient and looks for new ways to improve current processes and procedures
- Development of creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Derivatives product knowledge and job experience in operations is preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity