- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Mar 18
Global Head, Cloud Container Platforms
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
As Global Head, Cloud Container Platforms and part of the Technology Services organisation for Standard Chartered Bank you will be responsible for delivering the strategy for container platforms and for embedding production into a best in class service oriented solution.
The solution will deliver:
- Faster application deployment
- Lower costs in both capital expenditure and run rate
- A fully automated infrastructure model enabling straight through application instantiation, and
- Optimum resource utilisation
You will define and then oversee the definition and implementation and ongoing operations of both an on-premises and off-premises container platform. Working with the other domain heads this solution will integrate into the tool chain and application automation strategies and so will be responsible for the development not only of the platform itself but also the engineered services that run on the platform.
- Your proven track record running application development teams and intuitively translating their needs into services that directly enable business transformation is essential. As is your proven knowledge of the market and competing container technologies with deep demonstrable experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Other relevant experiences include delivering a platform built upon one of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Canonical OpenStack or RedHat OpenShift.
- A deep understanding of enterprise technology and how this will integrate into the platform is key
- Expertise in Linux operation systems, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, cluster file systems and storage
- A proven track record of delivering services with end user (Application Development) focus, delivery of the platform and the creation of an entire eco-system of usable services
- Demonstrable and successful agile build experience and establishing an operating model that reacts to the needs of the business and agile development community
- Experience in the creation of a business model that takes into account resource scaling, temporal processing and geographic load balancing and their impact on the business model preferred
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - Here for good. Apply Now.