- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 20 Apr 18
GT Legal Counsel
GT Legal CounselAbout OCBC
Having purpose and making a real impact drives what we do at OCBC, for our customers, colleagues and the community. People count on us to deliver an amazing banking experience, but more importantly one that is uncomplicated and complements their changing lifestyle and business needs. Our employees are the architects that make this all possible; they are high performing individuals and teams, experts in their field and above all believe in our purpose and commitment to customers.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the drafting, negotiation and completion of Master Agreements and related collateral agreements (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA,TMA) with counterparties in various jurisdictions.
- Co-ordinate with, and respond to queries relating to the Master Agreements from, other functional specialists in the Bank, to resolve legal/credit risk/operational/tax/business issues and obtain relevant approvals.
- Provide legal support to the treasury business in OCBC Taipei and OCBC China, including the drafting, negotiation and completion of Master Agreements and related collateral agreements with counterparties in Taiwan and China.
- Ensure adherence with procedures of the Bank's documentation standards and to maintain/update documentation templates, procedures, etc.
- Responsible for managing and updating documentation management systems.
- Assist in the onboarding process by reviewing corporate capacity and authority documents from counterparties to ensure proper authority to trade treasury products with the Bank.
- Provide transactional legal support in development of new products in the form of structured notes, structured deposits and ISDA OTC derivatives transactions.
- Provide updates to the Business on new regulatory developments and to assess and advise impact to existing business models.
Head, Legal - Global Treasury and Investment Banking
What you bring
- Singapore, Hong Kong or English qualified lawyer.
- Candidate must have at least 3 years PQE.
- Strong proficiency in Mandarin would be an advantage to liaise with the counterparties in Taiwan and China.
- Preferably has prior exposure/experience in ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA negotiations.
- Preferably has prior exposure/experience in treasury work, including but not limited to reviewing OTC derivatives termsheets and confirmations, establishing note programmes and reviewing termsheets for structured funded products.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and with other functional specialists in completing projects.
- Prior experience in banking, capital markets or corporate finance work would be an advantage.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, independent, collaborative and adaptable.
- Ability to lead projects and collaborate with colleagues in the team and from other functions.