GIT _ Staff Architect (126155)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey, we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Architect
to strengthen our team. Key Responsibilities
- Understands business functions and transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Need to propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps
- Understands the client necessities, create mobile architecture, perform product development and launching the mobility solutions. Construct scalable Mobile Architecture for various Mobile channels built around Microservices and APIs.
- Work closely with the development team and get their buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented. Also, work with different stake holders, product owner, senior executives, architects, external parties like system integrators, product partners.
- Provide technology perspective to business to achieve roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP
- 14+ years of experience in the technology industry including 8+ years of proven experience in software mobile architecture design, ideally in a validated environment, focusing on scalability, security and compliance
- Possess strong background and experience as a successful Software engineer/Architect in building highly available Mobile and Web architecture at scale.
- To design the required web and hybrid enterprise mobile applications for several mobile platforms. Good Knowledge of both environments and associated tools (iOS and Android)
- Hands on experience in Native Mobile Technology (Swift, Objective-C, Java, and Kotlin). Experience in hybrid mobile technologies i.e. React Native, Flutter, Xamarin etc. Experience in Web technologies a big plus
- Have in depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture (incl. design patterns, rest/grpc etc.), DevOps
- Good experience in Mobile and API Security including OAuth2/OIDC, Tokens, mTLS etc.
- Conduct research on the evolving trends in mobile security space and keep abreast of the latest vulnerabilities. Also, identify mobile security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Oversee the fraud prevention and other detection mechanisms on the device and advise suitable changes in strategy and implementation
- Passion for architecture and ability to pick up and learn new technological advances very quickly
- Exhibits leadership in guiding engineering team members, adapts to changes in technology and business domains, has good knowledge of latest trends in the market and is well respected within the team
- Solid understanding of Public Cloud (pref. AWS) architecture. AWS certification is a big plus
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.