GIT _ Senior Architect (125901)
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey, we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for an Architect to strengthen our team.
This is a strategic role expected to focus on Application Architecture for various digital channels and platforms. Responsibilities
- Understands business functions and transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Need to propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps
- Construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment
- Work closely with the development team and get their buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented. Also, work with different stake holders, product owner, senior executives, external parties like system integrators, product partners.
- Provide technology perspective to business to achieve roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP
- 12+ years of experience in the technology industry including 8+ in architecture of scalable and high-performance internet facing systems
- Possess strong background and experience as a successful Software engineer/Architect in building large scale, highly available Internet and mobile applications.
- Have in depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture (incl. design pattern, rest/grpc, gateway & service mesh etc.), DevOps, Streaming architecture, Modern data architecture, Mobile and Web application architecture
- Good experience in API security including OAuth2/OIDC, Tokens, mTLS etc.
- Significant experience working on mission critical internet facing applications focusing on scalability, performance, architecture aspects
- Passion for architecture and ability to pick up and learn new technological advances very quickly
- Exhibits leadership in guiding team members, adapts to changes in technology and business domains, has good knowledge of latest trends in the market and is well respected within the team
- Solid understanding of Public Cloud (pref. AWS) architecture. AWS certification is a big plus
- Experience in Java, Spring boot, any modern messaging technology, any Traditional and NoSQL database is a big plus
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.