- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 21 Jan 18
GF - Senior Auditor
GF - Senior Auditor
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17083441
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
As a member of the Market Risk Audit Team, the individual will work on the execution of specific audit tasks and work in close co-ordination with all Internal Audit teams in accordance with the matrix responsibility. The individual will be expected to leverage the product/functional expertise of the Global IA team and be execution focused. The candidate will be expected to travel.
Citigroup's Market Risk function is a component of the company's Independent Risk Management Organization. Market Risk is tasked with providing an independent set of controls over the risks that are entered into by the Citi Trading and Investment businesses. This includes oversight of the governance, measurement and monitoring of risks.
This position will be based in Singapore.
- Support the strategic development and implementation of Market Risk audits within the IA function.
- Continue to build on understanding of the market risk Concepts and the emerging risks.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops relationships through IA and the business to understand the different areas of Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA, FRM or similar) are a plus.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in Market Risk business or Internal Audit function, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Good understanding of Market Risk Concepts.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.