- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 22 Jun 19
Fund Services Manager (Private Equity)
Our client is is one of the leading, global fund administrator. As part of their expansion plan, they are looking to on board a new Funds Services Manager for their Private Equity Fund Services office. An excellent opportunity for those who would want to advance your career in a new team, a new office. Great opportunity to join an organization that encourages staff promotion from within, and encourage sharing of resources among different teams.
You will be in charge for the Accounting, Investor Services, Operation and Team Management.
You must have proven leadership capability in leading the team, to guide the conversation, and be able to guide your Senior Fund Accountants and Accountants in completing their work and to be the final reviewer.
As a key person in the team, you will be the central point of contact for your accounts, and be able to use your professional judgements in identifying and anticipating possible problem areas and risks. Being able to spot new opportunities, and taking the initiatives to improve upon existing work flow/ services should be part of your DNA as well.
As the leader of the team, accountability of work both in the operational aspect and in the financial monitoring of client portfolio will be under your care.
As a key member of the group, active involvement in internal projects and managing relationships both externally and internally will be required.
Review Monthly/Quarterly NAV reporting pack, which include:
- Cash and positon reconciliation, accruals
- Review all capital activity pertaining to the funds ( Capital calls and Distribution)
- Review Limited Partner and General Partners/Shareholder Allocation, calculations/schedules-includes review of Admin/Management fees/Waterfall/Claw back calculations etc
- Trial balance and general ledgers
- Financial statements and Partner Capital Statements
- Review of investor on boarding documents to ensure AML/KYC compliance
- Review capital calls and distribution calculation and notices, and capital statements
- Resolve issues and communicate with investors
- Overall responsibility for client relationship, inquiries and meetings
- Review procedures and recommend solutions in order to improve efficiencies
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external audit standards
- Review of constitutional documents and preparation of client SLA and budgeting
- Review the work of team members and provide feedback for improvement
- Monitor and track team performance and profitability in order to meet the client service level agreements and achieve financial targets
- Plan resources in line with business demands, participate in the recruitment and selection process, lead, coach, develop and appraise employees within the team
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Implement training initiatives
Qualification/ Skill set required:
- Bachelor or Master level degree in accounting
- At least 7-9 years relevant experience working in asset management, fund administrator or audit
- With at least 5 years of private equity or real estate accounting work experience
- Experience in reviewing and preparing financial statements
- Knowledge and prior experience on eFront or Investran system a plus
- Experience in people management/leading team
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to details
- Strong communication skills, ability to deliver message in a very professional, timely and concise manner both internally and externally
- Be able to work under tight deadlines