At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The Fund Manager Assistant (FMA) will be responsible for the effective implementation of daily operational controls and processes relating to the management of the APAC fund. The role holder will also provide investment support for Fund Managers. for the effective implementation of daily operational controls and processes relating to the management of the APAC fund. As the APAC investment team are constantly expanding, the FMA will need to be heavily involved in new products, new markets and new fund launches.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Responsible for the effective implementation of daily operational controls and processes relating to the management of the APAC funds, ensuring the successful operational management of the portfolios.
- Support maintenance of Procedures relating to the fund management business, and more specifically to the APAC based funds. Individuals will be required to produce and maintain detailed how to guides for the core functions of their role, specifically relating to processes within the APAC investment team.
- Understand the operational challenges faced within Front Office and work with management to improve key controls, ensuring risks are understood and processes are appropriately implemented and followed.
- Close liaison with APAC based and UK based Compliance teams, operational risk, controls monitoring and investment mandate monitoring team, particularly around breach management and new instruments.
- Liaise, resolve issues and represent the Equities department with other departments, including Information Systems and Investment Operations.
- Provide operational assistance to internal change projects within the Equites Front Office, to ensure requirements are captured and delivered to the users, minimising impact to the investment teams
Fund Manager Support Responsibilities
- Provide investment support for Fund Managers, including order generation and modelling, cashflow management, CA elections, pre trade compliance warnings/blocks, and post trade mandate breaches and violations on funds.
- Responsible for assisting the Fund Managers to ensure portfolios adhere to relevant regulation and fund mandates through the effective implementation of operational controls.
- Portfolio monitoring and risk reporting, reverting to the operational risk and compliance teams to ensure all internal and external rules are complied with and any breaches are managed and rectified.
- Maintain desk procedures, how-to guides and risk registers, ensuring the processes and controls are captured and adhered to by those involved in the investment process.
- Ad hoc support for Fund Management teams.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of asset classes (Equities, FX and Derivatives).
- Specific market equity knowledge relating to the full trade lifecycle in APAC markets, especially the more nuanced and highly regulated markets like Taiwan, China and India.
- Good understanding of fund types, including OEICs, SICAVs, Sleeve funds from other internal divisions, segregated mandates and clones, and how to model complex orders across these funds, based on varying cash flows.
- Good understanding of the various corporate action types and elections, fund mandates, and the various rules funds need to follow and adhere to
- Good understanding of client cash flows, and how they affect the funds with understanding of investment products and the asset management industry.
- Bright, enthusiastic and proactive. Due to the nature of the role, a self-starter is essential.
- Highly numerate, logical and analytical approach.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels, including in different time zones.
- Experience of using Bloomberg, Aladdin or other Order management systems is useful.
- Experience of managing complicated processes with a focus on risk reduction and controls
- Very strong with MS Excel
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.