Fund Administration Manager, Global Funds Services
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What you will do
Responsible for managing Fund Administration (Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting, Transfer Agency, support services and external vendors) in Singapore. Acts as a subject matter expert and directs team activities. Develops and maintains specific subject expertise and advises business management, and relevant third parties. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Responsible for interacting with various business areas to ensure a robust and compliant oversight program in place which is aligned to NT framework and market obligations. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions. Major Duties
- Maintaining a sound level of KPIs and high touch client service across all operations areas & ensure a robust and oversight program.
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities & ensure external market visibility.
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Participates in developing division strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit; follows through to ensure that objectives are met
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong technical skills across Fund Administration
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff
- Good track record of people management
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required
- Required language - English, Chinese (Mandarin is a plus)
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com