BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
Manage a team of fund accountants and involve in the day-to day fund administration operations performed by the Singapore office for domestic and/or off shore based funds managed in Asia/European.
Support analysis of new business, analysis, testing and implementation of new fund accounting functionality and new requirement.
Able to work flexible working hours and support Singapore public holidays. CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER RELATIONS : Internal :
Chennai, Singapore, Frankfurt, KOP, Warsaw, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Hong Kong External :
Investment management operations, asset owner operations, external service providers, and auditors KEY RESULTS AREAS :
JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS : Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
- Oversee and monitoring of operational activity performed by fund accountant
- Assisting the Head of FA Singapore to create a standard, scalable and cost efficient production model
- Review daily, weekly and monthly NAV funds in accordance with applicable Industry recommended accounting practices, accounting standard or specific constitutional documents
- Work with the team of fund accountants and liaise with different support functions to ensure NAVs are delivered in timely manner to meet the agreed KPIs
- Provide accurate statistic data (KPIs etc.…) on an as-scheduled basis and establish service excellence
- Ensure NAV calculations are accurately prepared and in line with the BNPP operational and system procedural manual
- Prepare operational and system procedural manuals to ensure that all operational risks are well under control and adequate for the day to day activities
- Identifying and documenting "non-standard" process flows. I also discuss with Head of FA to ensure corrective actions are taken where needed
- Report and escalate operational or major incidents including any breach or error occurrences to the Management
- Participate in regular operational meetings to review any client and new business requirements
- Working pro-actively with Clients to resolve queries on action points relating to Fund Admin matters
- Liaising and working with Fund Accountant to collate responses to Auditors in order to finalise the audit with the agreed timeframe
- Participating in transition planning and testing to ensure new processes or system functionalities can meet clients' needs and requirements
- Drafting SLD/SLA with other BPSS locations for outsourcing or insourcing of services
- Oversee and monitoring of activities and tasks stated in SLD/SLA are completed in accurate and timely manner
- Drafting the operating memorandum and SLA/OSL for the new client take on
- Involve in any new client take-on and migration activities
- Support the Head of FA Singapore in any global Fund Accounting operating model objectives
- Review of the job description and do the performance appraisal of my direct report
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time
Qualifications and Experience :
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with external corporate clients and global stakeholders
- Persistence / perseverance in achieving operational efficiency
- Leadership in driving the team to achieve set objectives.
- Good operational/technical skills in fund accounting and administration
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to provide solutions
- University degree/ post graduate degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years in experience in Securities Services Fund Accounting or equivalent experiences
- Demonstrate experience of managing team of Fund Accounting Team or equivalent.