Our Client from Hedge funds is looking for;
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation ("ME pack") fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Review investors allocations and fees calculation
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare yearend audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- New business onboarding such as fund documentation review, drafting of operating memorandum & pricing policy, trade interface development. and systems setup
- Provide adequate coaching and guidance to team members.Keep abreast of all alternative investment industry developments and drive any procedural or technology enhancements accordingly
- Assist Managers on projects such as process improvement, query follow up and issue resolution
- University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in audit and Financial statements preparation desired
- Audit/Control Minded
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
Rashida Begum Bte Packir Mohideen Senior Consultant
EA Registration Number R1766879
Links HR Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License Number: 09C5322