Full Stack Software Engineer - Synthetics Scale - Synthetics Products Group - Equities Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programs designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training program, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organization, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development. Our Impact:
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional and hedge fund clients products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, ETFs and structured products. The Synthetics Tech Team is a front office team focused on developing a global platform that will support the SPG business as well as developing tailored business technology solutions driven by desk requirements. The role involves working closely with the trading desk and quant teams across a number of functions including execution, inventory optimization, position keeping, trade flows/booking, and funding strategy.
The role is for a key developer position within the Synthetics Tech team. The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills. How will you fulfill your potential?
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the Synthetic Products Group (SPG) business and the products traded. Technology is very close to the business, so the learning opportunities are immense. You will develop both technical and non-technical skills through a combination of challenging projects in a real-time distributed system, informal on the job mentoring and formal development in the form of the GS University career development program.
As a key developer on the Synthetics Trading Technology team, you will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds. You may be working on a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making across multiple aspects of firm's synthetic products offering. You may be building a cutting edge technology stack that utilizes vital franchise data to suggest potential netting strategy, inventory management ideas, funding optimizations, as well as improving our ability to capture and visualize trade flows. You will work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. This position provides the opportunity to progress to a leadership role. In this role the successful candidate will:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Technical Skills - required
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new applications, tools and workflows to support new revenue opportunities, trader efficiency and associated infrastructure, in a structured, disciplined but fast-moving environment.
- Form strong client relationships with traders, coverage desk, (from Analyst to Managing Director level), operations and other key partners
- Develop and enhance trading and inventory management platforms that facilitate clients and hedge firm risk
- Maintain the stability and integrity of the system while suggesting improvements and optimizations.
- Abstract and automate common desk workflows to streamline trading and scale new businesses
- Be a strong team player, highly motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work independently and successfully manage and maintain a high workload in a fast-paced environment
Technical Skills - good to have but not essential
- 3-7 years of technology experience in a commercial environment
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills (C++, Java, or other OO technology)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- Interests in financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity