Full Stack Node.Js Developer, React (6 months contract extendable)
- 120K + fringe benefits
- Contract, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
We are looking for a Full Stack Node.js Developer responsible for managing the building and delivering web applications for both mobile and PC. You will be instrumental in helping scope out both the near-term technology experience for our users and craft solutions capable of delivering scalable & secure in the most beautiful looking way. We’d like to know that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA - developers test, release and monitor their own code. Team is in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Build APIs in node.js environment
- Deploy viable code into amazon web services
- Create and deliver maintainable and scalable code
- Manage and empower team to deliver on deadlines and releases
- Work with client architect/senior developers to do high level/low level design/architecture.
- Coding and implementation using best practices to produce high performing/scalable/secured modules.
- Unit Testing/Integration Testing.
- Code Configuration and Release Management.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Full stack Development using React (and related libraries like Redux, MobX, RxJS), Node.JS, Express.JS in a production environment
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Strong understanding of the Node.js based tooling like Webpack, NPM, Babel & ExpressJS
- Successful track record of creating secure web applications which meet or exceed the Information Security Frameworks in Banking Organizations.
- Experience with AWS cloud based deployments
- Exposure to different databases NoSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, etc.).