Full Stack Java Developer
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you will join our Risk Services Technology team. This team is a talented global technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support our Commodities and Global Markets division in meeting their business objectives.
As part of the team, you will work on systems critical to front office pricing, trading and risk including market and credit risk management, rates capture, and margining. Sitting alongside the traders in a demanding front office environment, you will be involved in the full lifecycle of projects encompassing requirements gathering, planning, development, testing, release and support. Responsibilities
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Develop, test and deploy code in a variety of programming environments, with a focus on the Risk Management systems
- Communicate with business users from all levels and teams of the organization (front office through back office) to: Gather and clarify requirements; perform demos; arrange and coordinate testing
- Play leading roles in systems integration, module and solution definition and design, and effort estimation
- Perform release planning and execution
- Participate in second line production system support and incident response
- Work closely with Operations teams in driving forward DevOps model
- Implement and promote best SDLC practices
- Degree in a numerate discipline or proven high academic ability
- 5+ years' experience as an application developer
- Technical lead experience is a plus
- Proven practical solution design experience
- Proven practical experience building, integrating and supporting complex applications
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong oral and written communication in English
- Client and server side development experience
- Java platform; RDBMS (Sybase preferred); Web services
- Experience in Agile Software Development; SDLC tools and best practices; Automated testing
- Flexibility: the ability to work on long-term strategic projects, smaller BAU tasks and reactive quick fixes as required; work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Domain knowledge including: Front office technology; Risk management systems (market risk, credit counterparty risk); Equity derivatives, Delta 1 products, Cash equities
- Cloud experience
- Messaging systems
- Scripting language(s) experience (preferably Python)
- JIRA; Distributed Version Control (ideally Git); Bamboo; Maven; automated deployment system such as uDeploy
It's also a bonus if you have Domain knowledge such as front office technology with risk management systems or similar. Experience with Cloud and Messaging systems as well as scripting languages (preferably Python) is also a plus. Lastly, if you have functional programming skills and experience with JIRA, that is highly preferred.
To start your career with Macquarie, apply online today. To learn more about us, visit www.macquarie.com/careers About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.