Full Stack Developer - Investment Suitability
You will join the Front Office development team working for a leading Private Bank and Investment Banking franchise in the APAC region.
The IT team is a key partner to the business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success. In order to benefit further from the growth potential in the region, additional funding has been allocated for us to grow further.
Our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
Role Summary: As an agile application developer you will collaboratively work with front office users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that: improve efficiency, decrease operational risk, enable the business to grow and make satisfy users. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to build the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
- Work on challenging technical problems involving availability, scalability, performance, data provenance, complex data structures and large quantities of data
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building strong positive relationships with the Front Office, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need
- Collaboratively work with other IT teams across CS to design, develop and deliver innovative and high quality solutions for the CS business
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
- Significant knowledge and experience with server-side JVM languages and exposure to more recent technologies relating to search, NoSQL and streaming messaging
- Passion for Agile working practices and a strong desire to work with baked-in quality disciplines such as TDD, test automation, clean code and continuous integration
- Detail oriented with methodical technical focus and low tolerance for errors further to possessing outstanding problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex systems in a changing, fast paced environment
- Experience of leading and handling IT professionals
- Proficiency of application architecture and design
- Experience with full stack web frameworks being an additional benefit, with the ability to develop intuitive and robust UIs which improve the user experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred but not required