Front-office Production Support (DevOps) : FX, Rates and Commodities - Associate
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled application support team responsible for the front-office trade floor support and stability and resiliency of the global CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 40+ members with the presence in AMER, EMEA and Asia and we use follow-the-Sun model. JP Morgan is one of the top sell-side firm in CCEM business globally.
In Singapore, we interact directly with the Front Office traders, Middle office users as well as with our Application Development (AD) and Global Infrastructure partners. The CCEM business is a fast growing in Asia and it relies heavily on the high availability (stability) and agility of our application software. Our team's key focus is automation and tooling using DevOps principals that will continuously eliminate repeat work and enhances our productivity on YOY basis.
This job requires a decent mix of business and technology expertise and provides a great learning opportunity for everyone. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered to access and fix the application software (code and configuration) and develop tools and helpers for higher productivity. We deal with front office trading applications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middle office booking flow and various forms of complex infrastructure including distributed computing (CBB).
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for an outstanding production management engineer who is a quick learner, great problem solver, has good communication skills, is hungry for learning the business knowledge & tech skills and is an enthusiastic team player.
• Trade floor support and Problem solving - Primary role is problem solving, application and trade floor support for FX, Rates and Commodities business. It requires you to be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
• Basic development and debugging skills (DevOps) - Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support related helpers and ad-hoc scripts, System automation and optimizations. This is a very hands-on DevOps aligned production management role.
• Collaboration - Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users and global production management teams. It requires you to be an effective communicator and a team player.
• Automation Design/Implementer - Design, implement, fix and recommend strategies to automate for a very reliable production system/flow. Being technically hands-on will help in this aspect.
• Incident management - Production incident management, root cause analysis (RCA) and related follow ups to ensure closure of the issue.
• Capacity and Resiliency - Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Distributed computing, Linux, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.), related capacity and resiliency management
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Minimum 2 years (and max 8 years) of experience doing L1 and/or L2 production support in finance domain.
• Technically hands-on working with Linux, scripting (Shell, Python and/or Perl) and database systems. Few years of programming experience in any modern language would be a great plus.
• Quick thinker, problem solver (even under pressure) and a fast learner under constantly changing environment.
• Very good communication skills, be able to communicate effectively to both traders and technology partners.
• Ability to understand incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or eagerness to experience it
• Knowledge of FX, Commodities and/or Rates trading and specialization in Front and/or Middle office workflows, or eagerness to learn it.
• Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity, or eagerness to learn it.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.