- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Front-End DeveloperAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be the part of a start-up team building an innovative platform leveraging data, analytics to drive automated decision-making, smart automation across the full lifecycle of the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate developer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift. We want People driven by the mission!
• Build front-end components with a framework and generic pattern mindset for scale across multiple dimensions - optimized compute/performance, functional, visualization, quality control
• Think API ie build your front-end with generic primitives exposed to back-end developers through a clear API
• Build a cohesive, simple and pleasant experience for users
• Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing front-end solutions in an agile delivery method
• Develop and maintain automated testing
• Own and build the visualizations and interactions end-to-end (UI, back-end for UI) using a modern and high-performance stack for all users
• Do whatever it takes to maintain stability, availability and performance
• Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions - deep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
The successful candidate is expected to be an experienced front-end developer in building critical low-latency/data-analytics driven UIs solutions in investment banking/hedge funds/technology companies (low-latency trading systems or AdTech sector). This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• You've built something exceptional you can showcase - demos/github/detailed explanation etc..
• Ability to think "Products" with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys
• Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries - this is a must for the candidate.
• Strong knowledge and experience of html5 desktop apps or web-based. Experience with electronsj/chromium or openfin/finsemble a strong plus
• Ability to build the visualization of any required data or UI functions end-to-end from the visuals to the back-end for front-end
• Strong experience in recent windows/.net or Linux based Web server technologies
• Experienced in Agile/Scrum-Kanban and related tools - JIRA, Confluence.
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Technical knowledge in a no-SQL / doc / columnar DB such as mongoDB, kdb, shell scripts in Linux/Unix environment and or windows-based environments
• Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of modern architecture/designs - micro-services/API-first development/agent-based system, compositional frameworks
Other desirable (lateral/broad tech) skills
• Some knowledge of Python
• Some knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, C# or Java
• Knowledge and some practical experience in modern dev-ops - CI/CD, containerization, orchestration
• Knowledge of bonds/credit electronic markets is a plus
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Proactive, self-starter, autonomous Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
• Good team spirit
• Extreme curiousness
• This is a very demanding role which requires a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work fast, efficiently, under pressure on multiple deliveries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.