Foundational Infrastructure Tech Risk Officer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Your Impact
It is a demanding role requiring excellent project management and coordination skills together with a foundation in Technology Risk and broad understanding of the firm's Information Security policies. The successful candidate for this role will engage with numerous groups and leaders across both business and technology and may require interaction with external parties (firm's service providers, business counterparties, and regulatory personnel). Key success criteria include the promotion and enforcement of information security at all levels of the organization and across all technology platforms, and the efficient and timely coordination and review of the Technology Division's response to regulatory and client inquiries. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfill your potential?
- Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have a technology impact, in order to conduct internal self-assessments and gap analyses to ensure compliance
- Work on business initiatives to ensure regulatory requirements are appropriately understood, communicated, and mitigated where necessary
- Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers, ensuring critical and high priority issues are identified and resolved
- Participate in global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
- Work with Business Continuity Coordinators in all business and Technology groups across the Asia region to provide structure and guidance on their BCP plans and recovery strategies
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
- Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security and BCP within the region
- Contribute to ongoing support and other operational activities
- Good team player along with the ability to work independently
- The ability to interact with BU colleagues, build good relationships at all levels and across the business unit
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5 or more years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development
- Direct experience in Information Security, BCP, Technology Controls or Technology Risk Management fields is a significant advantage.
- Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
- An understanding of the regulatory environment as it relates to business continuity and/or technology control requirements
- Understanding of the technology implications of additional global and regional regulations is also beneficial.
- Familiar with Risk Analysis and Risk Management methodologies
- Good program and project management skills and technology expertise
- Ability to work effectively as part of the regional and global Technology Risk team, serving a large diverse Technology community
- Infrastructure security knowledge in Windows Server, Desktop OS and applications, Unix/Linux OS, Storage, Networking hardware and protocols, Market Data, Databases and Exchange Connectivity, Remote Access, Firewall and IDS/IPS technology, Voice and Audio Visual platforms, and experience in configuration and vulnerability management an advantage
- Business continuity knowledge in developing or maintaining business continuity plans, application failover testing, business recovery site development and testing, and technology crisis management an advantage
- Understanding of the business functions and the Technology role in a financial services firm a significant advantage
- Strong analytical & communication skills required
- Must be able to manage both time and work load of multiple tasks without constant supervision as part of a distributed team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity