Fixed Term 12 months - Front Office Experienced Recruiting Specialist (Singapore)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
The Asia-Pacific Experienced Recruiting team partners with hiring managers and HR colleagues across the region to support the acquisition of best-in-class employees in a consistent and cost-effective manner for the company. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in an in-house recruiting function within a changing environment. The role is based in Hong Kong and reports to the regional Experienced Recruiting Manager.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
The Asia-Pacific Experienced Recruiting team partners with hiring managers and HR colleagues across the region to support the acquisition of best-in-class employees in a consistent and cost-effective manner for the company.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in an in-house recruiting function within a changing environment. The role is based in Hong Kong and reports to the regional Experienced Recruiting Manager.
- Coordination of front office division recruiting activity; partner with HR Advisors and hiring managers to develop and implement candidate search strategies
- Recruiting vendor relationship support including day-to-day coordination, new vendor meetings, agreement set-up and performance evaluation
- Position description quality control and website posting
- Logging and acknowledgement of resumes in candidate database
- Gatekeeper of Talent Acquisition mailbox; matching of candidates to open positions
- Proactive involvement in development of scalable recruiting processes including:
- Process re-engineering and streamlining
- Set up of non-fee recruiting channels (eg internal job newsletter production, referral programs, website postings, intranet site)
- Participation in regional and global recruiting infrastructure projects
- Representation of Recruiting team at Hong Kong recruiting/networking events and promotion of the firm as an employer of choice
- Candidate screening via email, phone or interview
- Assist in tracking and reporting of recruiting metrics activity to senior management including open position tracking by location/division, recruiting spend and invoice tracking
- Support background screening process of new hires via external vendor
- Management of Hong Kong direct contractor and agency temps searches including agency briefing and candidate screening
- 3-6 years of front office recruiting experience, preferably related to Global Markets (Sales/Trading)
- Strong front office recruitment expertise, including compensation, market knowledge and products
- Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills and the ability to frame problems and solutions quickly and concisely.
- Must be detail-oriented and also able to juggle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Effective at building relationships with business leaders and employees and able to accomplish his/her objectives through influence and persuasion.
- A problem-solver, able to think strategically
- A team player
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.