First / Vice President, Group Compliance - Global Markets
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 20 Apr 18
First / Vice President, Group Compliance - Global MarketsGroup Compliance is a strategic partner and trusted business enabler to the Board and Senior Management to ensure that the Bank continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today's tight and dynamic regulatory landscape.
We work closely with our internal stakeholders to identify and assess underlying regulatory risks; develop practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements; and actively shape and promote stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
The competitive business environment and constant product innovation coupled with the ever evolving regulatory landscape propel the compliance function to go beyond regulatory advisory to focus on active risk identification and management, instilling a robust regulatory compliance control framework and active participation in the provision of sound and sustainable solutions to meet Global Markets' emerging needs.
In line with this new direction, we are looking for strategic and forward-looking individuals with sound understanding of the banking business operations and underlying risk exposure to add value through:
- Providing independent and objective perspective of residual compliance risk through a robust risk identification, assessment and management process
- Facilitating internal stakeholders' design of control processes and solutions that cut across business and geographies through practical translation of the applicability of regulatory obligations into sustainable and cost effective operational requirements
- Monitoring and performing regular assessment of the state of business compliance risks, and enforcing effective remediation through root-cause analysis to address underlying issues
- Deploying data analytics to enable proactive monitoring and management of compliance risk, and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance review work
- Establishing tailored training programs to foster compliance literacy and promote the Bank's compliance culture and ethical conduct
- Establishing communication surveillance methodology and performing communication surveillance on in-scope dealing staff
- Advising the Bank's leadership on emerging regulations and regulatory issues surrounding strategic initiatives
- Building good rapport and trust with the regulators through open and transparent communications
- Strong understanding of Banking Act, Securities and Futures Act and Financial Advisers Act preferably with experience in the Treasury banking businesses.
- Possess market acumen to adjust and adapt to the changing regulatory landscape.
- Good degree in Accounting, Law, Business, Banking & Finance or equivalent.
- At least 4 years in legal, compliance, audit, risk management or regulatory work in the financial services industry.
- Good writing and communication skills with ability to develop a strong working partnership with Global Markets and internal stakeholders.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- High personal standard of ethics, integrity and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position.