First VP / VP , Product Manager - Deposits & Wealth Management (Funds), Personal Financial Services
Posting Date: 14-Apr-2021
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services. Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations. Job Responsibilities
The role is responsible for managing different aspects of the mutual funds business that impact the product's profitability. These include development and implementation of strategic business initiatives, product development and due diligence, marketing, training and sales support.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Sales enablement
• Drive new business initiatives for unit trust to boost topline
• Develop professional quality resources to empower platform and enhance overall customer experience
• Redesign customer engagement journey for both platform and online sales
• Collaborate with stakeholders (S&D, Marketing, Segment, Training) to provide solutions to customer segment needs
2. Product Management & Product Risk Governance
• Identify product ideas/gaps and work with product providers to avail suitable solutions and position investment themes
• Establish process to ensure proper product risk guidance is provided to customers
• Conduct regular and adequate company and fund due diligence
• Monitor, evaluate and understand fund performance, asset class risks, concentration risks etc
• Work closely with product providers for product and marketing support
3. Project Management and Product Support
• Own and lead projects with minimal supervision, including logical project planning to ensure deliverables meet objectives
• Provide timely and accurate data reporting
• Plan and provide product training to support sales teams and new hires
• Ad hoc requirements from other areas in product support
4. Branch Network Support
• Ensure fund launches & campaign promotions are executed on time
• Conduct product training
• Ensure Ops/systems readiness prior to fund launch or changes
• Provide timely assistance to branch queries
• Provide timely updates to platform on any funds updates Job Requirements
• Degree in Accountancy/Finance related discipline is preferred.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of mutual funds business particularly key business drivers.
• Sound understanding of business guidelines, operational and regulatory requirements and issues.
• Strong understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing drivers.
• Strong people and stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to write and articulate well.
• Proficient in MS Office particularly Powerpoint and Excel. Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.