First VP, Technical Delivery Manager (Cards), Group Technology
Posting Date: 06-Oct-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
We are looking for a high-performing Application Delivery Lead to join the Cards Technology application development team to support the Group's strategy in building a world-class technology organization while embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the delivery of strategic card projects and for building application systems globally and in conjunction with the other Cards application development teams and technology groups. The candidate should be able to conceptualize the UOB cards programs delivery from inception through implementation and deliver solutions in production across the Cards technology stack. He/she needs to ensure alignment with the UOB cards technology standards in the design and execution of projects.
This candidate will be responsible for providing technology leadership in designing Cards solutions and to plan and deliver system changes for the UOB Cards platforms globally to provide higher efficiency, quality and increase cost effectiveness while minimizing operational risk. This role would require interaction with T&O leadership and other product stakeholders to deliver the Group strategic priorities. He/she should be able to communicate well across both technology, operations, and the business to develop and implement best-in-class solutions and will have a high degree of visibility. He/she would need to collaborate within the technology teams to identify efficiency models to achieve technology productivity targets in alignment with Group Technology strategy. The candidate will be a rigorous technical cards delivery lead with a strong understanding of how to build scalable, enterprise level global Cards applications.
- Plan technical deliverables (combination of host and distributed platforms) to meet project's requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
- Plan & collaborate across different domain application teams to manage technical and security related dependencies of the solution
- Plan, monitor and manage risks/issues related to technical delivery
- Partner with Program managers, Business analysts and system analysts to collate, understand and finalize functional and technical requirements
- Partner with Architects, Security and Development Lead to ensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
- Have a hands on approach to ensure that the application teams build the enhancements according to the solution plan
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of SIT, UAT, performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Manage technical implementation plan across application teams - coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
- Escalate issues that impacts project schedule on timely basis and propose workarounds/resolutions
The ideal candidate will be a dependable and result-oriented technology delivery manager who can comfortably work in a large development organization in a globally-distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork, and collaboration. He/she should be passionate about Technology and have a mindset to be technically hands-on if needed. Well-versed in the latest trends, especially around disruptive technology, and have a proven record in execution. The ability to work and thrive under high pressure is essential. This role will report to the Head of Cards Technology for the technical delivery of strategic projects.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar domain. Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory
- More than 10 years' delivery record in developing and delivering global / regional Cards solutions for a multi-national/regional company with annual budgetary responsibility
- More than 5 years' leadership experience in managing IT Cards delivery teams
- Strong technical/platform knowledge on CardLink/Visionplus, mainframe (Cics/Cobol) and distributed platforms. A good understanding of the credit card industry and functions of HSM and different types of keys is essential.
- Exceptional business domain knowledge covering areas of cards, remote commerce, portals, collections, loyalty rewards and open banking
- Hands-on Experience in actual cards systems (CardLink/Visionplus) development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications, systems development and testing experience
- Experience in managing an application development team in implementing large-scale cards projects for banking or financial services
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Proven track record of running a cross functional horizontal team, supporting multiple delivery teams
- A strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Highly effective communicating with senior technical stakeholders and equally proficient communicating with business stakeholders
- Good problem-solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
- An engaging, open, genuine personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
- Should demonstrate a disruptive innovative mindset that will make innovation mainstream and help the business take strides in an extremely competitive environment
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.