First VP, Service Automation, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 03-May-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
This role would be responsible for leading the firmwide Reference Data (CMDB) and Job Scheduling Engineering functions.
- Build a strategy and put together a roadmap for these functions with strong focus on solving business problems with automation mindset
- Evolve the offering as a service with strong focus on Product Management. As a Product Owner, create the feature backlog, drive prioritization and deliver against the roadmap
- Provide technical leadership to the Engineering team, that would involve having the right design, architecture, processes, and the security controls built in
- Closely partner and cultivate relationships with Senior Business, Technology and Operations partners. Ensure alignment and gain organizational commitment for the roadmap and governance process
- Build out and mentor the team that delivers excellent results consistently. Attract, Develop, and Grow strong talent
- Implement metrics to measure the value that the function brings to the organization
- Report progress and communicate organizational value to the management and senior stakeholders periodically
Be a part of UOB Family
- 15+ years' overall experience in Enterprise and/or Internet scale IT. Banking experience is preferred
- Experience with Job Scheduling products viz. Control-M, Autosys and/ or building Reference Data CMDB using tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure technologies and associated technology stacks e.g. Open Systems, Virtualization, Storage etc.
- Good understanding of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and implementation of same in real world along with exposure to associated tool sets (JIRA/Confluence)
- Ideal candidate would also be exposed to Cloud Technologies, SRE, and DevOps concepts with focus on automation
- Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. Understanding and appreciation of regulatory environment that Financial Institutions operate in
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.