First VP, Senior Data Scientist, Big Data Analytics Centre, Data Management Office
Posting Date: 09-Jul-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Data Management Office and Big Data Analytics
function answers the demand for quality and credible data across the Group.
The D ata Management Office (DMO)
is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Big Data Analytics Centre (BDAC)
leads the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities across the organization. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams as a subject matter expert to deliver new Big Data and Machine Learning solutions for our business partners. Job Responsibilities
- Design analytical solutions/experiments to solve various strategic business problems through engagement and research.
- Building and deploying Machine Learning Algorithms, Advanced Analytics, and Data Visualization across the UOB group and region.
- Supporting the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program in developing and transforming the Analytics Capabilities across the group.
- Partnering with assigned teams and/or business units to provide deep expertise and advisory on advanced data analytics needs.
- Strong knowledge of data and analytics architecture to ensure analytics objectives are aligned to business priorities on the Data Analytics Transformation Program.
- Driving innovation initiatives under guidance and directives from Head Enterprise AI.
- Min Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering , Computer Science or a related field
- Min 8 years of advanced analytics working experience in banking / financial services / consulting industry Possess a strong selection of skills and experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, R, SPARK, Python, Hive and other Hadoop-based languages
- Possess a strong ability to query and use large, robust data sets across traditional Data Warehouse and Hadoop platforms.
- An analytical mind and team player with demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships by applying quantitative techniques to solve business problems
Be a part of UOB Family
- A strong communicator, with clear articulation of analytical findings through presentations.
- Experience with data visualization packages and/or tools will be a plus
- Innovative and Agile thinking - experience with Test and Learn Frameworks desirable
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.