First VP, Platform Distributed Systems, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 03-Oct-2021
Location: SG, Alexandra
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Lead a team of skilled professional responsible for implementing Operating System, Database and Middleware technical changes in the Production IT environment
- Make sound decisions based upon understanding of the Bank's environment, the upstream and downstream impact, minimizing the risk of system outage due to change implementation to ensure stability of the IT systems
- Establish control process and procedures for Infrastructure technical changes
- Operationalize change control and implementation process through use of automation tools
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- More than 10 year's relevant working experience in large and complex organizations preferably in Banking and Finance institution
- Experience in leading a team of professional, with strong leadership and planning skill
- Strong technical competencies in managing Unix operating system, Windows operating system, Databases, Middleware such as JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, messaging queue etc
- Good analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, resourceful and inspirational.
- Ability to drive, engage and collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate, possess strong written and effective communication skills
- Eager to learn new skills / technology and keep abreast with industry trends and best practices
- Knowledge in programming and scripting would be an added advantage
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.