First VP, Level 3 Support, Cash & Payments, Group Technology
Posting Date: 19-Feb-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Requirements
Reporting to the Head of Cash & Payments L3 Support, this is a senior role responsible for all day-to-day application stability & improvement activities around code fixes related to Cash & Payments within Transaction Banking area, including:
- Be responsible for all application software development and support activities as part of problem ticket remediation / fixes
- Play the role of a change leader constantly pushing to explore newer and efficient solutions
- Oversee platform upgrade that includes infrastructure and application software obsolescence remediation, technology migration, etc to keep the application continue to meet the business mandate for availability, maintainability, capacity and performance
- Manage a team of L3, who perform code fixes or work with vendors for the delivery and deployment of code fixes to meet business requirements on stability, performance & capacity in alignment with organization's business objectives
- Define and manage technical solution from design to application construct, in close collaboration with the development and software engineering functions
- Manage 3rd party product vendors and integration partners to ensure application code fix deliveries are timely and good quality
- Be a hands-on manager to guide team on stability, existing functional and technical issues when faced with external or internal user queries / complaints
- Partner with business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the overall book of work in terms of problem remediation
- Lead and contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank's System Development Methodology (SDM)
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
- 8 years or more of Technology experience encompassing project delivery, application design, development, team management & budgetary responsibilities
- At least 8 years of past experience in maintaining / managing applications in at least some of the technologies such as Java, Python, COBOL, Oracle, MariaDB, MSSQL, Solaris, RedHat Linux, JBOSS, WebLogic, Apache, Cloud based development, MQ, Connect Direct, etc.
- 4 years or more in the banking technology domain with 2 years or more in Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading and managing teams, including third-party & offshore development teams
- Stakeholder management is required
- Experience in various software lifecycle methodologies is must. Experience delivering solutions in DevOps environment with good knowledge of tool sets will be advantageous.
- Good experience identifying and mitigating underlying technology risks would be advantageous
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.