First VP Excellence and Efficiency, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, COO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
First VP Excellence and Efficiency, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, COOAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
The Excellence and Efficiency Head must be able to work in close collaboration with each team within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement function to :
- Define, enhance, document and implement Strategic Sourcing and Procurement standards in terms of processes, interfaces to other processes, key procedures, data and systems used to support the process.
- Identify efficiency opportunities from an end-to-end perspective
- Drive standardized procurement processes that deliver holistic value
- Execute GTO process improvement
- Develop and maintain Procurement Performance Scorecard
- Potentially manage a team of 4-5 resources
- Deliver sourcing operations support to the Strategic Sourcing team
- Degree from any recognized University or recognized establishment (Business, Finance, Engineering or accounting will be beneficial)
- Professional certifications in the field of Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain (e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM) are advantageous
- Professional certification in Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent is useful but not mandatory
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in continuous improvement, process development improvement and project management, including at least 5 years in a people management capacity. Experience in procurement environment will be advantageous.
- Alternatively, 15 years of relevant working experience in strategic procurement (Source-to-contract and Procure-to-pay)
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Performance-driven balanced with proven success of working effectively in a cross-functional team in an international environment.
- Process-oriented and possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to have a holistic view.
- Ability to deliver and articulate a presentation confidently and effectively to a wider project committee and management level.
- Experience in formulating KPIs and reporting performance metrics.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Strong project management experience.
- Change management experience is useful.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly collaborative and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of audiences and personalities in order to influence and challenge constructively.
- People management experience in a matrix organization in an international environment
- Knowledge and experience in working with e-sourcing tools and systems is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the use of tools and systems e.g SAP, MS Projects, Qlik, Power BI and other tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.