First VP, Business Manager, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
First VP, Business Manager, GTOJob Objectives
The BTS1 Business Manager reporting to the Head of QR, Process & Business Management is responsible for the governance and oversight around the operation of the technology unit. The BTS1 unit employs over 300 employees, with operating budgets in excess of $300m. Business Management is a key role in driving the successful oversight of people, financials, and operational processes for the division.
The role will be working closely with management and leadership functions across all of technology.
- Owning management processes and controls, such as the weekly management meetings.
- Supporting the organisational requirements of the executive management team.
- Establishing and monitoring the organisations resource capacity and supply.
- Supporting HR processes, such as the recruitment pipeline in coordination with management and HR partners.
- Working with peers across technologies units to collectively strive to improve the tools and practises around governing the organisation.
- Working with GTO Finance and related process & control teams to ensure that continual education and awareness activities are in place for effective application of processes.
- Working with managers to govern the utilisation of physical resources, including seating and operating technology such as user computing.
- Supporting organisational events such as the staging of periodic town halls for senior management.
- Orchestrating and executing requirements as deemed necessary by the executive management for the operation of the technology unit. Including as examples, training and travel budgets.
- Managing people is a key aspect to this role.
- Banking experience in Organisation, Process and Operating Models
- Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent
- Executive level communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Understanding & knowledge of human resources, financial and resource management.
- Demonstrated experience in business management for a significant scale organisation.
- Mathematically sound and able to form models based on organisation requirements - including resource utilisation, forecasting and consumption.
- Demonstrated 8 - 10 years of experience in business management
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence
- Direct responsibility of budgets of $5 - $20 million dollars