Financial Services Risk Management Manager/ Senior Manager (Financial Crime Compliance), Advisory, Singapore
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Singapore
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
As part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager/ Senior Manager in the Risk Management – Financial Crime Compliance team, you are required to lead and grow a team and to provide strategic sourcing services related to regulatory compliance, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), corporate governance, enterprise risk management, internal controls and internal audit, to our clients in financial services (FS) industry. You are also required to assist organizations to maintain effective and efficient controls, in order to manage organizational and strategic risks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deliver assignments to a high level of client satisfaction and within budget
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialists accordingly
Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Self-motivated with lots of energy and drive
- Effective leadership, project management and teamwork skills
- Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose financial services industry processes utilizing a risk and control focus
To qualify for the role you must have
- 9+ years relevant Financial Crime Compliance (AML/ CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud) risk management, compliance experience in banking, insurance, asset management, and/or in a big public accounting firm; 5 – 8 years relevant Financial Crime Compliance risk management, compliance experience in banking, insurance, asset management, and/or in a big public accounting firm
- At least 5 years' experience in delivery of FCC-related technology projects, such as payments screening, transaction monitoring, &/or customer risk rating systems preferably at a large/ complex financial institution.
- Strong understanding of expectations of regulators such as MAS and HKMA. Knowledge of other major jurisdictions in ASEAN and practical experience in the industry a plus.
- Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment, especially developments in the FCC space.
- Graduate degree in law, finance or commerce preferred. Post-graduate qualifications in AML/ CFT, commerce.
- Industry related certification (e.g., CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Post-graduate qualifications in AML/CFT or professional/ technical qualifications in risk management.
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of internal controls for financial services business processes, especially in FCC framework and strategy preferred.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.